Desktop Armada is a multilayer game on the Casual Collective. It is a 2 player game in which the object is to destroy the opponents base by building ships to attack it. In addition, every 70 seconds or so, reinforcements come. The reinforcements contain 2 destroyers and a missile boat, all not upgraded (even if you have). There are two main modes:
- Normal: Your ships are the normal stats.
- Admirals: You can choose from one of 4 admirals; Upgraded Only
* Normal: Your ships have the normal stats. * Strong: Large Defense and more costly. * Engineer: Cheap upgrade prices, ships build faster. * Scout: Faster ship than normal, also has an extended range.
The following options are available:
- No Points: this game does not count towards your points. Every multi-player game has this mode.
- No Reinforcements: you do not get any reinforcements
Game play Edit
There are 4 ships
- Patrol boat
* Low hp, attack, and range but can move quickly and deadly in numbers * Used in the pb spam. * Countered by missile boats * Counters battleships * 2 upgrade levels
* All around ship * No true counter, but battleship or pb spam is best * Gain 2 every time reinforcements come * 2 upgrade levels
- Missile boat
* High area attack, slow, long range * Used in missile boat spam * Counters patrol boats and battleships * You gain one every reinforcement * 3 upgrade levels
* High attack, hp, and attack speed of a destroyer decent range and low speed * Counters missile boats * Impossible to spam * Unable to attack patrol boats * Countered by patrol boats (it can't attack them) * 4 upgrade levels
These upgrades are for normal games (not Admiral):
|Patrol Boat| Destroyer | Missile Boat | Battleship --------+-----------+-------------+----------------+------------------- Strength| 16-28-52 | 53-66-80 | 53-80-106-186 | 125-225-400-700 Armor |125-175-250|750-1250-2000|400-500-750-1000|3000-3500-4000-7000 Speed | 5-6-7 | 3-3.5-4 | 3-3.5-4-4 | 2-2.4-2.8-3.2 Range | 35-39-43 | 45-45-50 | 70-80-90-110 | 60-70-80-90
The stats separated with dashes indicate upgrade level. 40-60-80 would mean 40 non-upgraded, 60 upgraded once, and 80 upgraded twice. Missle boat and battleship have 3 upgrades.
You gain more gold all the time as the income steadily goes up. It is also increased by:
- value of your ships
- distance of any ship to enemy base
There are four awards:
- First Blood Award: first one to do damage gets this award.
- Scientist Award: the player who spends the most on research wins this award.
- Money Bags Award: the player with the most income at any time gets this one.
- Super Constructor: the one who launches the most ships wins this award.